Monday, October 24, 2016

Hello Everybody! Today @risingtidesociety challenged us to share a little bit about ourselves for their #instatidechallenge. For those of you that don’t know, RTS is a group of creatives throughout the country that meet once a month for professional learning, collaboration, and to simply get to know one another. I am so thankful that I have gotten to know the supportive girls in our group and that we can share in the highs and lows of running a creative business. Big shouts to @newevejewelry @jwayphoto @simplyjessicamarie @jaimie.abbasi and my long distance biz bestie @kaylafphoto I realize that you see a lot of paintings of dogs on my account and I am a bit reserved when it comes to sharing about myself. Here are five facts about little ol’ me. 1. When I am not in my studio, I am an art teacher at a local elementary school. I LOVE my students and am continually blown away by their creative ideas, talent, and hilarious stories. (ie. Mrs. Hitchcock “Did you know my cat has 3 toes?”) 2. I have an amazing husband named Blake, who I could not live without. #youarethewindbeneathmywings (Joke… kind of, not really) Our wedding ceremony included snippets of marriage advice from my kindergarten students such as… First see if they like you or LOVE you, Make up a new holiday, Wear a lot of bracelets, Take a sticky note that says “I love you very much” and stick it on his face, Make up a new holiday, Take your husband to Dollywood… I could go on. SOLID ADVICE! 3. I have lived in 6 states because my father was in the Airforce. Arkansas, California, North Dakota, Louisiana, Florida and Tennessee. I love warm weather and don’t think I could handle North Dakota winters! 4. I joke that I am an ice cream expert! My first job in high school was making cones at Dairy Queen. After that, I worked at TCBY and a frozen yogurt shop in my college town. I still am addicted to frozen treats! 5. When I was growing up I wanted to be a marine biologist. Even though I am currently landlocked, I hope to live by the ocean one day! I would also accept getting to visit frequently. If you read all of this, you get a gold star! Let me know something interesting about you below!


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2e3Yclq

No comments:

Post a Comment