Wednesday, October 26, 2016

“With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,⠀ it is still a beautiful world.⠀ Be cheerful.⠀ Strive to be happy.” ⠀ ⠀ Max Ehrmann ⠀ ⠀ This poem really resonated with me today. With all of the turmoil in the world today, It makes me happy that my illustrations can be a bright spot in someone’s day. There are not many things better than opening a piece of mail that is not a bill or a credit card offer. I like to imagine the smile at the mailbox or the joy of giving a gift that my customers receive. I know that in the grand scheme of things this is trivial, but the thought of it makes all of the hard work worth it. ⠀ I think Buddy the Elf said it best. “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear.”… except my singing is painting and hopefully I can spread cheer at other times of the year too. Ha! #instatidechallenge


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2dKqArO

No comments:

Post a Comment